Our Action Plan
NSL is inviting Ambassadors and ‘Secular Consultants’ to assist in rolling out the Action Plan;
The objectives are clear, but they will be rolled out in 5 stages:
- To develop an overtly political "lobbying" role for all secular policy.
- To gain access to state and federal ministers and MPs on social issues.
- To gain better access to mainstream print and electronic media – to state the “secular view”.
- To encourage support from all pro-secular organisations in calling for change.
- To better utilise social and all mainstream media to galvanise public opinion and support for secular policies.
- To develop effective fundraising programs to enable NSL to evolve through the 5 stages.
- To continue seeking Secular Consultants and Ambassadors for each of the 5 stages.
Once our Team of Ambassadors is in place Stage One will begin.
- NSL is a registered Limited Company with a Board and active Steering Committee.
- Pro-secular groups are asked to nominate ‘Secular Consultants’, and support the NSL agenda.
- Maintain the program of inviting prominent Australians to become NSL Ambassadors.
- Launch Stage One to the national media once NSL has a balanced mix of Ambassadors.
- Volunteers will be sought to monitor state/federal Gazettes for imminent secular Bills and regulations.
- Ambassador/s will liaise with media executives and MPs to press for a greater ‘secular voice’.
- The 2016 Census success will underpin NSL’s agenda to gain a high public profile.
- To gain regular TV, radio, and print media coverage for Ambassadors to promote the issues.
- Supporters will be encouraged to write/text the media and MPs, as campaigns are rolled out.
- NSL will continue to source Consultants and Briefing Papers (for Ambassadors) on selected issues.
- Fundraising projects will be the key to developing better resources for advancing secularism.
- Pro-secular groups/members will be encouraged to promote and support NSL’s evolution.
- NSL is ‘group based’, rather than ‘member based’, to underpin its national profile.
Stages Two to Five will necessitate building NSL resources to the point where a permanent office, a full-time administrator, and sufficient on-going funding will allow for a steadily increasing level of political and media activity nationally - and across the full secular agenda.